IMAGINE. PERSONALISE. CREATE.
In-store and on-site personalisation software
cotodesign Design and print management software package
cotodesign is an innovative design and print management software package for personalisation in-store.
With cotodesign, retailers can offer their customers a unique on-site experience, driving footfall and increasing margins through product personalisation.
• Easy to use and simple to integrate into store environments with a fast learning curve for store staff
• Works in combination with a selection of compact and intuitive Roland DG devices
• Intuitive interface makes it simple for customers to personalise a wide range of merchandise
• Customers connect to store’s wi-fi network to use photos from their mobile devices
• Also used by leading brands for the mass-customisation of products such as jewellery, cosmetics packaging and more.
Put the power of personalisation into the hands of your customers
Consumer demand for personalised gifts, accessories and clothing continues to increase globally and Roland DG digital solutions for product personalisation are used by retailers and brands worldwide.
With cotodesign you can take product personalisation to the next level, enabling your customers to experience the excitement of creating their own unique designs, in-store, on a huge range of merchandise - as gifts or for themselves. Items include t-shirts and apparel, bags and accessories, pens and stationery, smartphone cases, mementos, souvenirs and so much more.
cotodesign is compatible with a range of compact, user-friendly Roland DG devices which are ideally suited for use in retail environments, events and pop-ups. With enclosed working areas, quiet operation and certified inks, they are built with safe and easy operation in mind.
UV-LED Flatbed Printer
The LEF2 series enables full colour and white print, plus an exciting range of textured, embossed, gloss and matt finishes to products up to 100 mm thick. Personalise phone cases and gadgets, promo items such as pens and key chains, trophies, wood, glass and acrylic products, and more. Available in 3 sizes.
The BN-20 combines full-colour printing and accurate cutting in one incredibly compact device for the personalisation of a wide variety of products such as small banners, stickers and labels, t-shirts and apparel and more.
Direct to garment printer
Print directly onto cotton T-shirts, apparel, tote bags and many other products in minutes with the Roland VersaSTUDIO BT-12. Its compact size makes it ideal for use in kiosks, museums, photo studios, pet supply stores, souvenir shops, sports shops and a wide range of retail and event environments.
With the LD-80 it’s possible to add text, logos and graphics in a variety of metallic and holographic foils for the luxury personalisation of small, off-the-shelf products including fountain pens, smart phone covers, stationery, cosmetics packaging, accessories and more.
Metal Engraving Machine
Perfect for kiosk and gift shop applications, the MPX-95 is a great solution for personalising a variety of metal items such as pens, jewellery, sunglasses, plaques, pet tags and more.
The CAMM-1 GS-24 quickly and efficiently cuts a wide range of vinyl, including flock, making it ideal for the production of personalised stickers, decals, heat transfers for apparel and accessories, and more.
4 easy steps from product personalisation to printing, ordering and sales
cotodesign provides an intuitive customer-facing design, personalise, order workflow for product personalisation. The browser-based software enables customers to easily create original designs using their own photos, images and text on a range of pre-defined products using the cotodesign web application on a tablet or computer terminal in-store or on-site.
The product range and level of personalisation is defined by the retailer or brand owner, tailoring the solution to their individual needs. A simple interface enables store staff to quickly and easily print the customers’ design data on to their chosen product, even without technical knowledge of digital printing. Order status can also be managed centrally for a smooth operation from order receipt to printing and delivery of the personalised product to the customer.
1. Select a product to personaliseCustomers select the item they want to personalise from a range of merchandise.
The image shown is purely for illustrative purposes.
2. DesignCustomers choose from a range of templates (pre-defined by the retailer) and can personalise their design further to create a truly unique item by adding their own images, text or clip-art. Depending on the output device, it’s possible to add eye-catching finishes such as textured and embossed effects, white print, gloss and matt finishes or to make use of mirror printing functionalities for window stickers or printing pictures on acrylic.
Metallic printing not supported.
3. OrderCustomers select the quantity of items and place the order. They receive an order confirmation and can receive a printed order reference.
4. PrintThe order data passes automatically to the ‘order manager’ which links the job to the output device.
It’s so easy for your customers to create their personalised designs. They simply connect to the store wi-fi and transfer their photos and images from their own smartphone or tablet to the in-store tablets. It’s quick and easy to make changes to the size of the images and add text and other effects to match the shape of the product they want to personalise.
Easy process from ordering to printing
When your customer places their order they receive an order reference number.
The order is managed by cotodesign Print Manager – a software tool which processes the order and automatically sends the design file to the VersaWorks 6 RIP software which processes the file to print on the selected Roland device. You can also easily track the status of the order.
Customised interface for tailored customer experience
The homepage and product shelves on the customer-facing interface can be customised to align with your brand and product range, and to maintain consistency across multiple tablets for a unified customer experience. The screen saver can also be customised for use as a digital signage tool to promote campaigns or events when not in use.